The PK2X Pocket Stroboscope is convenient and accurate device to perform non-contact RPM measurements on rotating or reciprocating parts or components as well as proven means for inspection of moving parts/machinery by "freezing" or "slowing down" the action. The stroboscopic effect is accomplished by matching the flash rate of the stroboscope with the repetitive rate (RPM) of motion of the target. A slow motion effect is accomplished with a slight mismatch of the relative speeds.
The PK2X is powered by a rechargeable internal battery or directly from an AC power source allowing for continuous use if necessary, or continued use when the battery charge is low. It's small size, lightweight design makes it perfect for use by field technicians or maintenance personnel.
The new PK2X offers significant improvements from the previous generation model PK2 *50% improvement in flash brightness *100% improvement in battery run-time *Doubles the choice of power by permitting operating during re-charge or continuous operation when connected to AC power.
The new model continues to offer the highest reliability, refined by over 10 years of continuous design & manufacturing improvement since the introduction of the original Pocket Stroboscope Model PK1 introduced in 1996.
The PK2X requires only one hand to operate, yet delivers performance comparable to much larger and heavier "pistol grip" type models. It is ideal for industrial, laboratory, R&D and academic environments. It's small size and excellent performance provide superior convenience and value - at a reasonable price.
Complete kit includes stroboscope, universal AC adapter/charger (with plug adapters provided for North America, Europe, UK & AU), external input jack, Traceable Calibration Certificate and instruction manual, all supplied in a hard shell carrying case.
- Includes DakkS Traceable Calibration Certificate
- Internal rechargeable Lithium Ion battery uses latest "smart-charge" technology for longest possible life and 2-Hour run-time on a single charge
- Bright XENON flash intensity (over 1200 Lux) with life of 200 million flashes
- Optional frequency output signal provided on PK2X-OT
- Accepts input from sensor for external flash triggering
- Provided with a threaded insert on underside of strobe for mounting to articulating arm or other fixture
- Operates when being recharged or run continuously via AC-power
- Universal (100 – 240V AC) AC-Adapter/Charger can be used anywhere worldwide
- Portable, lightweight and rugged construction
- Resolution of ±1 RPM over the entire range with highly accurate speed control and drift-free operation
- 1 Year Warranty
|Flash Range||30 - 12,500 FPM|
|Flash Brightness||1200 Lux (8"/20cm distance @ 4500 fpm)|
|Accuracy||± 0.01% over entire range + 1 LSD
± 0.04 Hz
|Resolution||± 1 FPM over entire range|
|Display Update||0.5 seconds|
|Flash Energy||170 mJ|
|Flash Duration||< 9 µs|
|Flash Tube Life||200 million flashes (at 6,000 fpm)|
|Flash Color Temp||6,000K - 6500K|
|External Trigger||5 volt, DTL/TTL compatible 1/8" jack|
|Optional* Trigger Signal Output||5 volt, DTL/TTL compatible 1/8" jack
* on PK2X-OT Model Only
|Operating Time||Battery, 2 hours
|Battery Type||Lithium Ion (Li-Ion) 7.2V, 22.32 Wh / 3.1 Ah|
|Battery Charger||AC Power Required, 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
DC-Output, 9 VDC @ 2000 mA max
Charging Time, 4-5 hours
|Weight||0.9 lbs (415 grams) including battery|
|Housing Material||High Impact ABS Plastic|
|Tripod Mount||1/4-20, female insert|
|Operating Temp.||32 to 104° F (0 to 40° C)|
|Dimensions||9-3/4" x 2-3/4" x 1-3/4"
240 x 65 x 40 mm