PK2X-OT Stroboscope Complete Kit w/Frequency Output Option
- Internal rechargeable Lithium Ion battery uses latest "smart-charge" technology for longest possible life and 2-Hour run-time on a single charge
- Battery run time of 2 hours on full charge
- Operates when being recharged or run continuously via AC-power
- Includes Int'l Traceable Calibration Certificate
- Resolution of ±1 RPM over the entire range with highly accurate speed control and drift-free operation
- Bright XENON flash intensity (over 1200 Lux) with life of 200 million flashes
- Accepts input from sensor for external flash triggering
- Provided with a threaded insert on underside of strobe for mounting to articulating arm or other fixture
- AC-Adapter/Charger can be used anywhere worldwide (100-240V AC) with plug adapters provided for N. America, Europe, UK & Australia AC outlets
- Portable, lightweight and rugged construction
- Optional frequency output signal provided on PK2X-OT
The NEW PK2X hand-held Pocket Strobe® is convenient and accurate device to perform non-contact RPM measurements on rotating or reciprocating parts or components as well as proven means for inspection of moving parts/machinery by "freezing" or "slowing down" the action. This stroboscopic effect is accomplished by matching the flash rate of the stroboscope with the repetitive rate (RPM) of motion of the target. A slow motion effect is accomplished with a slight mismatch of the relative speeds.
The PK2X is powered by a rechargeable internal battery or directly from an AC power source allowing for continuous use if necessary, or continued use when the battery charge is low. Its small size, lightweight design makes it perfect for use by field technicians or maintenance personnel.
The NEW PK2X offer significant improvements from the previous generation model PK2 including the following: •50% improvement in flash brightness •100% improvement in battery run-time •Doubles the choice of power by permitting operation during re-charge or continuous operation when connected to AC-power
This new model continues to offer the highest reliability, refined by over 10-years of continuous design and manufacturing improvements since the introduction of the original Pocket Strobe Model PK1 was introduced in 1996.
The PK2X requires only one hand to operate, yet delivers performance comparable to much larger and heavier "pistol-grip" type models. It is ideal for industrial, laboratory, R&D and academic environments. Its small size and excellent performance provide superior convenience and value - at a reasonable price.
Complete Kit includes stroboscope, Universal AC-Adapter/Charger (with plug adapters provided for North America, Europe, UK & AU), external input/output jack, Traceable Calibration Certificate and instruction manual, all supplied in a hard shell carrying case.
|Flash Range:||30 - 12,500 FPM|
|Flash Brightness:||1200 Lux (8"/20cm distance @ 4500 fpm)|
|Accuracy:||± 0.01% over entire range + 1 LSD
± 0.04 Hz
|Resolution:||± 1 FPM over entire range|
|Display Update:||0.5 seconds|
|Flash Energy:||170 mJ|
|Flash Tube Life:||200 million flashes (at 6,000 fpm)|
|Flash Color Temp:||6,000K - 6,500K|
|External Trigger:||0-5 volt, DTL/TTL compatible 1.8" jack|
|Optional* Trigger Signal Output:||0-5 volt, DTL/TTL compatible 1/8" jack *on PK2X-OT Model Only|
|Operating Time:||Battery, 2 hours
|Battery Type:||Lithium Ion (Li-Ion)|
|Battery Charger:||AC Power Required, 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz
DC-Output, 9 VDC @ 2000 mA max
Charging Time, 4.5 hours
|Weight:||0.9 lbs including battery|
|Housing Material:||High Impact ABC Plastic|
|Tripod Mount:||1/4-20, female insert|
|Operating Temp:||32 - 104°F (0 - 40°C)|
|Dimensions:||9 3/4" x 2 3/4" x 1 3/4"|